17 April 2010

Wolves Handed 6-0 Loss In Game 3


Milwaukee goaltender Mark Dekanich (1-2) held off all 30 shots Chicago (2-1) fired on net to collect his first win of the postseason, while the Wolves Peter Mannino (2-1) and Drew MacIntyre split time in Mannino’s loss, posting 33 and eight saves respectively.

“Their power play was outstanding tonight,” said Wolves Head Coach Don Lever. “We lost a bit of composure after the second goal and we couldn’t recover.”

Milwaukee (1-2) used a power-play opportunity late in the first period to take their first lead of the series, 1-0. Right wing Chris Mueller took a pass from Andreas Thuresson behind the goal line, moved to the corner of the net and slipped a shot between Mannino and the near post with 3:10 left in the first frame.

The Admirals came out firing in the second period and center Blake Geoffrion cranked a shot through Mannino just 24 seconds into the frame.

Milwaukee increased its lead to 3-0 at 14:21 of the middle frame with a power-play marker from Mike Santorelli. Mannino made an initial save but the rebound kicked out into a crowd in front of the net, where Santorelli was able to chip it over the line from his vantage on the right post.

The Admirals padded their advantage, 4-0, with a third-power-play tally when Alex Sulzer’s quick rip from the left face-off circle screeched past Mannino at 16:25 of the second frame.

Geoffrion made the Admiral’s lead 5-0 with a fourth power-play marker and his second tally of the game at 4:15 of the third period. The center took a shot, waited for the rebound to make its way out of the scrum in front of the net, regained control and roofed it over a diving MacIntyre.

Thuresson made it 6-0 at 5:58 of the final frame, smacking a pass from Jon Blum straight down the slot and past MacIntyre.

The Admirals host Game 4 at the Bradley Center on Monday, April 19, at 7 p.m.

Chicago 0 0 0 -- 0

Milwaukee 1 3 2 -- 6

First Period---1, Milwaukee, Mueller 1 (Thuresson, Sulzer), 16:50 pp. Penalties---Crabb, Chicago (roughing), 1:09; Mueller, Milwaukee (roughing), 1:09; Oystrick, Chicago (roughing), 8:09; Sulzer, Milwaukee (holding), 14:31; Vishnevskiy, Chicago (tripping), 16:13.

Second Period---2, Milwaukee, Geoffrion 1 (Murray, Matheson), 0:24; 3, Milwaukee, Santorelli 3 (Thuresson, Blum), 13:21 pp; 4, Milwaukee, Sulzer 1 (Santorelli, Laakso), 16:25 pp. Penalties---Machacek, Chicago (tripping), 12:00; Chelios, Chicago (slashing), 14:58; Thuresson, Milwaukee (goaltender interference), 18:37.

Third Period---5, Milwaukee, Geoffrion 2 (Blum, Santorelli), 4:15 pp; 6, Milwaukee, Thuresson 1 (Blum, Santorelli), 5:58. Penalties---Weller, Chicago (interference), 3:22; A. Stewart, Chicago (tripping), 8:25; Santorelli, Milwaukee (tripping), 9:11; G. Stewart, Chicago (cross-checking), 10:05; Doell, Chicago (goaltender interference), 10:28; Welch, Chicago (slashing), 18:08.

Shots on goal---Chicago: 13-13-4--30. Milwaukee: 14-23-10--47. Power plays---Chicago: 0-2. Milwaukee: 4-9. Goalies--Chicago, Mannino (33-37), replaced by MacIntyre (8-10) at 40:00. Milwaukee, Dekanich (30-30). A---4,078. Referee---Shaun Davis. Linesmen---Dan Dineen and Roger Behling.